Conditions of entry: The Northern Star’s ‘Win a Chery J3’ Competition
1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must collect from The Northern Star an entry form + 5 scrabble style tile letters to spell CHERY. The entry forms will be published every Saturday from February 15 to and including March 15, 2014. The C.H.E.R.Y tile letters will be published Monday through Friday from February 17 to and including March 21, 2014. A different letter will be published daily. To form a complete entry contestants must attached the 5 tile letters (CHERY) to an entry form published during the promotional period. The entry forms and letters must be original newsprint - no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted. The completed entry must be placed in an envelope marked Win a Chery J3 with your name, address, email address and contact phone number(s) on the back and then:
(a) delivered and dropped to the entry barrel at Lismore Shopping Square or
(b) posted to The Northern Star PO Box 423, Lismore 2480
Contestants may submit more than one entry but are only eligible to win one of the weekly prizes on offer.
Bonus tiles will be published weekly for a chance to win additional weekly prizes through online entry. Contestants must find the code word published weekly and enter this code word online. Every week during the 5 week promotional period a different code word will be published randomly between Monday and Friday. One winner will be randomly selected weekly. There are 5 prizes in total to win through online entry.
One bonus entry is available to all contestants that test drive a vehicle with City Chery during the promotional period. There is one bonus entry available per customer. Contestants must book a test drive directly with City Chery during the promotional period to be eligible. Test drives are subject to availability through available booking times, hours of operation within the timeframes of the overall promotional period.
2. Prizes: Major Prize: There is one Chery J3 available to win: 2013 model, silver colour, 1.6 litre engine, 4 cylinder, 5 door hatch, J3 5 speed manual, ,6 airbags, leather seats, 6 speakers, rear parking sensors and a 3 year/100,000km warranty. Recommended Retail value is a $14,340k driveaway including registration, stamp duty and on road costs. Insurance of the vehicle is NOT included in the prize and is the sole responsibility of the winner. Weekly prizes (both in paper and online) available to win include a car service at City Chery to the value of $150, a Lismore Square Shopping Square voucher valued at $25, a petrol voucher valued at $25 and a key total value of this prize is $200. There are 30 prizes available to win. Total value of weekly prizes is $6000. Total value of all prizes is $20,340k. The 30 keys will be available for all winners as a random selection on site at the event to be held at City Chery on Friday March 28 at 5:30pm. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. The individual prize elements (City Chery car service and Lismore Shopping Square voucher are based on those businesses terms and conditions as to the use of the prize won. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. The winner must accept the prize as is. Profiteering from the prize is a breach of supply and action may be taken if misused. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Any issues with the prize, including but not limited to warranty issues, the winner must contact the prize provider, City Chery. For the avoidance The Northern Star Newspaper Company accepts no liability in relation to the major prize.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences on Saturday February 15 and closes at Tuesday March 25 at 12 noon (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
The deadlines for the weekly draws are as follows:
Week 1: deadline for entry is Tuesday February 25 at 12 noon
Week 2: deadline for entry is Tuesday March 4 at 12 noon
Week 3: deadline for entry is Tuesday March 11 at 12 noon
Week 4: deadline for entry is Tuesday March 18 at 12 noon
Week 5: deadline for entry is Tuesday March 25 at 12 noon
Online entry deadlines:
Week 1: deadline for entry is Friday February 21 at 12 midnight
Week 2: deadline for entry is Friday February 28 at 12 midnight
Week 3: deadline for entry is Friday March 7 at 12 midnight
Week 4: deadline for entry is Friday March 14 at 12 midnight
Week 5: deadline for entry is Friday March 21 at 12 midnight
Bonus test drive entry deadline is: Friday March 21 at 12 noon
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, sponsorship partners, of the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
Winners of the weekly keys must be available to attend the event on Friday March 28 at 5:30pm for a chance to win the Chery J3. The keys will be randomly selected from a bowl at this time.
5. Draw and notification: The major winner will be selected by chance through one of the 30 keys won through the weekly draws and online entries. One of the 30 keys will open a padlock attached to the door of the Chery J3 prize car. The contestant with the key that opens the padlock is the winner of the Chery J3 and will be awarded the prize following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Weekly draws will take place at the following date and time and winners details published in the Northern Star public notices on:
Week 1: Draw date; Tuesday February 25 at 3pm, published in The Northern Star public notices Friday February 28
Week 2: Draw date; Tuesday March 4 at 3pm, published in The Northern Star public notices Friday March 7
Week 3: Draw date; Tuesday March 11 at 3pm, published in The Northern Star public notices Friday 14
Week 4: Draw date; Tuesday March 18 at 3pm, published in The Northern Star public notices Friday March 21
Week 5: Draw date; Tuesday March 25 at 3pm, published in The Northern Star public notices Friday March 28
Weekly online draws will take place at the following date and time and published on www.northernstar.com.au directly following draw time:
Week 1: random draw is Monday February 24 at 9am
Week 2: random draw is Monday March 3 at 9am
Week 3: random draw is Monday March 10 at 9am
Week 4: random draw is Monday March 17 at 9am
Week 5: random draw is Monday March 24 at 9am
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Redraw: In the event that the winner (s) have not come forward by Friday March 28 the Promoter may conduct such further random draws as are necessary on this date at 12 noon at the same place as the original draw, to select a new winner. In the event of a redrawn winner, he/she will be contacted directly on the phone number(s) provided. The winner must come forward before 2pm of the same day.
7. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person on March 28 at the grand event to be held at City Toyota on Friday March 28 at 5:30pm. All winners are advised they will be required to have ID that includes a photograph. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes will be awarded at city Chery during the event. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. In the event that a contestant is unable to attend an appointed substitute can stand in for the contestant. This must be advised directly to the promoter prior to Thursday March 27 at 4pm.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: The Northern Star Pty Ltd
Competition permit: NSW Permit No.: LTPS-14-00573